Saturday, November 15, 2008

For Worse?


Tonight we saw Fireproof. I am neither endorsing the movie or not endorsing it. It is definitely a B rate movie and has it's slow points. All things considered, Sean and I could identify with many elements of the movie. There is the obvious - the guy is a fire fighter, but also quite a few things hit pretty close to home. Sean said that he came away from the movie with hope. Hope that even though things are not easy, in fact, they are just down right hard some days, that if we keep plugging away each day, we will get there.


One of the quotes I really liked was, "When most people promise 'for better or for worse,' they only mean for the better." Let's face it, "the better" is so much easier to deal with. It is when it gets hard that I, personally, think of bailing. I don't think it is so much that I want to give up really, more I just want to protect myself from emotional pain. It is true this past year that Sean and I have come to a decision. The decision is that we honestly, truly love each other. We want this thing to work. So, even though it is WORK - we keep doing it. So, daily we will keep plugging away, trying to encourage each other instead being a discouragement. We will keep trying to overcome our not so healthy habits and replace them with better things. I am glad I have a man that wants to come along side me and together we can hold each other's hands while we heal. It is a good thing - forget that - it is freaking AMAZING!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I've not seen that movie yet, but plan to.
Blessings to you both. If you both have the same goals, then I think you are on the right track.

Shelley said...

I haven't seen that movie either but you have made me curious. It sounds like you and your husband are very committed to each other!