Thursday, February 21, 2008

I LOVE to Cook!

I realized today that I have never blogged about one of my favorite things in the world - COOKING! When I think back, I started cooking in high school. I remember helping my mom some as a kid, but my mom liked her house clean and cooking with a child is usually a messy process. I guess I helped some, but not enough to remember it much.
Now, cooking is something I love to do. In fact, if I go a day without creating something in my kitchen I have withdrawal. All those years I was sick and couldn't eat anything out of a can or a box I really became quite creative with food. Now, that I can eat anything I want, my love of cooking has just grown and grown. I really enjoy creating food that is enjoyed by others. I don't know if it would be near as fun if I was just cooking for me. I LOVE to cook for friends that are ill. If I hear someone is sick, that is the first thing I think of is that they need a meal for them and their family. I love to cook my kids favorite foods when they are having a bad day. Or even when they aren't!! Today Jake, my 15yr old son, asked for breakfast about 10:30! I thought of all the things I needed to do instead, and then with a smile on my face headed into the kitchen. I am always glad for any excuse not to clean house! As my son sat at the table eating his hot pancakes and sausage, he turned to his sisters and told them he would never get married because women are actually useless. I couldn't believe my ears, after a slight hit in the head with the spatula, he decided they were all useless except his mother. Smart boy!!

3 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Jake sounds like he is having a bad week in the women department me thinks.

Vintage West said...

I know how you feel about cooking! It's the best therapy. Good luck with your new beginning.

P.S.
Go Griz!

ThePeachTree said...

Haha! Smart boy indeed :) I don't know what I would do with out the relaxation of preparing a good home cooked meal!