Tuesday, February 26, 2008

DREAM!




Lately as many of my dreams and wishes are coming true for me, great health, energy, financial freedom, I have wondered why as adults we sometimes forget to dream. I look at my 16 and 15 year old and they think conquering the world is a very reasonable thing. They have such lofty hopes and aspirations. I know I was that way at their age as well, ANYTHING seemed possible.

Maybe it is somewhere between leaving home, going to school, starting to work that the reality of just trying to pay bills and keep up with the everyday stuff of life that our dreams begin to slowly take a back seat. I also think we have a misunderstanding about time and that we will get to it eventually. Only if we just keep doing what we are doing eventually we will run out of time to follow the dreams we desire.

I wish I could put into words the gratitude I feel for getting my life back. It was not that long ago that when I opened my eyes and saw the light of day I thought, "All I have to do is survive a few hours until I am back in this bed again tonight." I was so fearful of HOW I would get thru the day, it was just about surviving for me. Now, I wake up and have so much I want to accomplish I hope the day with magically lengthen itself so I can fit it all in. I used to worry about making it thru the day and now I am dreaming about my wonderful future!!

NEVER give up, NEVER settle - there is so much more out there waiting for you - Dare to dream again!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Well said! Amen and god bless.
Shelley