Thursday, August 21, 2008

Barney!

This picture was taken at Storybook Island in Rapid City, SD. Reagan and Jake LOVED Barney when they were little. Lizzie watched him a small bit, but did not have near the purple obsession her brother and sister did. There was a time I thought I would be fine if I never saw another singing dinosaur again in my lifetime. Now, well, I wish I would have just sat down with them more...and watched, yes, even Barney. I was too busy, doing laundry or dishes or just glad to have the TV babysitting them for awhile. I wish I would have just spent more time enjoying them instead of spending time fretting over meaningless tasks. Now they are 17 and 16. I am glad God gave me a second chance with Lizzie...a chance to spend more time just doing whatever she wants to do.

Look at those smiles though - I think Reagan and Jake were just as excited to see Barney as I was. It just seems like yesterday they were 2 and 3 and sitting in front of the TV singing with him.

4 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

They grow up fast!

Jen said...

I think that all the time about my son; could have should have.
We do the best we can.
"I love you
You love me
We're a happy family"... now I have that song in my head..thanks!

Shelley said...

Maybe I should tolerate "sponge bob" a little more than I do w/ my stepson! I'm looking at this Barney picture of yours and it makes me smile - your kids have a big smile too!

reliv4life said...

brotha buck - that they do!

Jen - that we do! Did you sing it all day??

Shellmo - my little one LOVES spongebob!! I actually think it is pretty funny, I just get tired of the same episodes over and over - they need to make some new ones!