This is inspired my Jen over at Unglazed http://unglazed.blogspot.com/ . I attempted a link - Shelly is trying to help me...we will see if it worked!
Five things you may not know about me:
1) I am a Dental Hygienist by profession. Well, RETIRED Dental Hygienist. I cleaned teeth for 11 years and enjoyed it very much. I love people, so I enjoyed the people anyway. I never enjoyed the drama that always goes on in offices with lots of women working together.
2) I always wanted to live on a farm and have 6 kids. I live on 2 acres and have 3 kids. This is perfect for me - sometimes it is good to NOT get what we wish for. Growing up, I always just wanted to be a mom. I don't even really know why. It was not like my parents taught us a woman's place is home or anything like that. I just always had a deep desire for it.
3) I love to be with my kids - yes even the teenagers! I have lots of friends who LOVE when school returns so they can send their kids back for 8 hours a day. I have my moments, don't get me wrong, when I need some peace and quiet. Overall though, I think my kids are fabulous people and I truly enjoy them.
4) All the curtains in my house where sewn by my dear Grandma Mary. The kids joke that 50 years from now when they are all out of style they will still hang here just cuz Grandma made them for me - possibly true.
5) I love to bake during the first snow. All those years of living with friends, then living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 5 of us while we built our log home I dreamed of being in my log kitchen looking out the window and baking in my warm house. That is why at 10pm last night I was making Toffee Bars and Chocolate Chip cookies. It feels like a dream come true, every fall, and I hope the magic of it never leaves. I also hope it inspires me to remember all those out there right now cold and lonely. May God deliver them as well.