Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Neighbors

I am going to approach a sticky subject - neighbors. Here has been my experience, and I would love to hear yours. This is my second experience with what I would call, "anal" neighbors...I don't know another word to use, maybe neurotic or obsessive compulsive. These people literally have PERFECT yards and PERFECT houses. They spend hours and hours making sure this is so...yet I never see them smiling. It does not appear they enjoy all this yard work. Maybe deep inside them they do, but I sure can't tell. Our neighbors now have lived by us for 3 years and it was an unfinished yard, so the first two summers I thought maybe they would just enjoy it once it was completed. This year it seems they are just inventing things for themselves to do.

Now, they are venturing out of their own yards and bringing their obsession into the lots around them. In the past week alone, I have watched them spray Round-up along my own horse pasture and an entire section of grass beside my mom's horse pasture. She does not have horses, but we put ours over there and they were actually in there at the time! These sections are on OUR property and are mowed, even if they are not used for anything. The point is THEY are NOT hers to decide to kill everything on!

Sunday her husband spent about 3 hours digging a trench in the middle of the road so a large rain puddle would drain. Now, as you can imagine that puddle is drained, but there are TONS more of them! Here is the kicker, the road has an easement so these particular neighbors and one other house has the right to drive back and forth to their places, but half the road is on our property and the other half is on mom's.

At first I was angry! REALLY angry - then my wise teenage daughter just started laughing and reminded me how truly pathetic a life they must have if these are the only things they have to worry about. I guess she is right. I have not said anything, but sure hope next time they venture onto my place I don't just blow up and let them have it!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Hmm...I might have to say something (in my "sweet but stern voice") if they ventured into my property. But your daughter has the right attitude - they really must not have much else going on!

Friar Tuck said...

I would be talkign with them

Anonymous said...

I think your daughter is right, but I still would say soemthing about someone spraying an herbicide on my property. Nicely, though.

reliv4life said...

Shellmo - the problem is, I don't do confrontation well - in that I usually say things in not a nice voice...I just come across as a bitch, so I am afraid to confront, but do know I need to...

Friar - I should talk to them, I know I should...but am afraid of being a bitch...

Citizen - YES - even tho my allergies to toxins are gone, we still use almost all natural stuff, so the round up pissed me off! BTW we got some natural weed killer at Planet Natural, and it worked like a charm! It was clove oil and citrus acid... You are all in agreement, I right, I know - I NEED to talk to them, I will pray about when and what to say...