Thursday, June 19, 2008

Finally!

I am finally blogging, I can't believe it! It has been a busy week. Besides that, sometimes I am not even sure where to start... do I talk about the crummy stuff that has been going on around here lately? Probably not...I don't like to dwell on the bad stuff. The run down is that although there are A LOT of unbelievably fabulous things that have been happening in my world in the past year...there are some major stuggles as well. Relationships are interesting to say the least. I do not consider myself a quitter in any sense of the word, but I will admit that I am weary. I am learning to let go of all the stuff that I have no control over. I am trying to be teachable and accept responsibility for my part, but I can not continue to carry anyone else's garbage...if they choose to not get rid of it, then they will have to haul it around themselves. OK...I will stop here before I just let all my frustration out on innocent people!

Something cute: Lizzie my 6 year old has lived in Montana all her life and has NO idea what true heat really is. We have had a very wet, cold spring. The sun finally showed up on Saturday and has been here all week! It has been very nice in the lower 70's. Perfect weather, really. Well, sunday she climbed into the van, turned the air conditioner on her face, and exclaimed, "It is a death trap out there!" SO funny!! She has no idea what a death trap could really be...like Las Vegas or Houston!! Anyway, this week she has done Vacation Bible School all week, only she calls it "church school". Tonight they are having a Bar B Q and having games and such for the families... she came in a little bit ago and said, "Mom, tonight at that church they are having steak for us." She heard Bar B Q and just decided steak I guess. That is probably the only thing she ever sees us grill. I avoid grilling much since I cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner on a grill when we lived in a travel trailer while building our house...that is a topic for another day... I feel certain it will probably be burgers and hotdogs, don't you think?

OK...I am off to read your blogs and get caught up!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Burgers & hotdogs are just easier - I say take it easy! :-)

Anonymous said...

It will be burgers and hotdogs for sure - it always is.

Sorry about the rough stuff. You know I sympathize!

reliv4life said...

Shellmo - it was burgers and hot dogs, but they were actually really good! and they had some fabulous salads!

Citizen - see above - also, thanks for the sympathy.