Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mary

Mary left yesterday. Who is Mary you ask? Well, she is a dear, dear lady! She and my mom became friends when my mom was pregnant with me and Mary was pregnant with her son, Tom. So, basically, Mary has known me ALL my life. I had not seen her in years and we had the best week. We played cards until at least midnight every night. We went to Yellowstone and had a blast. No matter how many times I have seen it, it is still fun to go and see it for the first time thru someone else's eyes. It is a place of wonder for sure.

Mary brought her granddaughter Hannah who is 16. My oldest are 17 and 15 and they all 3 had a blast together. They were just like family in no time.

Friends are so fabulous! New friends are great, but old friends are a unique blessing. Kinda like that old pair of shoes that always feel just right.

6 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Sounds like a good week.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's good to have people in your life you share a history with.

(But I have to tell you - it took me a minute with the PG thing - I thought you were talking movie ratings!)

Jen said...

I want to go to Yellowstone!
You are very lucky to have a lifetime friend like this.

reliv4life said...

friar - yes! a great one!!

citizen - history is usually a good thing...I edited the PG thing :)

Jen - come on over, and we will go to yellowstone! it is the greenest I have ever seen it this year.

Shelley said...

I agree that old friends are unique - it sounds like a great night playing cards and talking the night away! Also - can I come with you and jen to yellowstone??! That's on my travel to do list too!!

reliv4life said...

Shellmo - yes 10 nights of staying up late playing cards, I have finally caught up on my rest now! YES - come on, couldn't we all have fun in yellowstone? Only now the spot we camped is on fire - :(