Monday, July 21, 2008

aaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am frustrated. I have been on the phone all morning, LITERALLY!! Here is the scoop. My daughter needs her immunization records to be admitted to MSU. She had two pediatricians in TX that did her shots, the first one retired, the second one died. I am blindly calling from 1700 miles away to find this records... I talked to MSU health services today and they said she could just go to the doctor and have a blood test done to determine immunity. Wow - that sounded simple! So, called drs office we use here, they are hesitant to do the test...I only spoke with the receptionist - she said the cost is outrageous! Is that $150 or $1500 I want to know?? The nurse is suppose to call me back. In the meantime I called Texas Tech in Odessa, TX and they keep sending me to different phone numbers, I will call back now that their lunch break is over...wonder which department I will get next?? Medical Records you say??? NO - they don't have her record in medical records, that would be too simple!! What do you suppose they have in the medical records department? I am curious.
Off on my wild goose chase again! May you all find everything you need in one phone call today - that is my wish for you!!

UPDATE - OK I finally got an honest person that gave me the scoop. This explains why I have been getting the run around for awhile. Apparently when Dr C died, his office staff took all the records and dumped the paper work out of the folders into boxes. So, all the old stuff is all mixed up in boxes that were then taken to some church's basement...weird, right? So, this nice lady is going to go to that church and see if she can find the right box and the right records. She said they have patients they have never found their entire medical records yet... I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd like to find all I need with no phone calls. They are always exerciss in frustration. Good luck with that!

Friar Tuck said...

crazy

Jen said...

Good luck---at least you talked to someone 'alive' and not a recording!
but, grrrrr, don't get me started on that.

Shelley said...

I hate any phonecalls that involve getting questions answered by a medical or insurance company - you are bound to get the run around. I'm praying they find the medical records and spare you further hassle!! (P.S. You said she was going to MSU - is that Michigan State University?)