Thursday, June 11, 2009

My mom is home. She came home yesterday from Missouri and brought my nephew. My kids are really excited to get some cousin time. Since Sean and I each only have one sister and Sean's sis doesn't have any kids - my kid's only have two cousins, my sister's two kids. They had not seen each other since last summer.

I am not sure what my mom thought about her new "grand"dog - as she pooped in her house TWICE in the hour and a half we were over there. Might have been the rotten egg she found and ate yesterday afternoon. Yep - the East bunny must have hidden that one a little too well, because Bell came flying out of a bush with her "prize" and there was no catching her. She does that, by the way, when she gets something she knows she shouldn't have - she runs like the devil and there is NO catching her. She does not run off or out of reach, no she is much more frustrating than that - she runs in circles around you or the bushes or just a few feet from reach. Naughty dog!!

Or she may have had a little to much roughage from the bag of Bone meal Grandma had bought for the garden. You know that bag she found in the garage and ripped open and spread all over the driveway and ate and ate and shared with her partner in crime Chica? Yea - that Bone meal. The bag says - "Contains some ingredients that may be attractive to animals but might be harmful to them".

So the vet got two calls from me yesterday... we were told what to watch for, but none of it transpired. She is fine today. Didn't faze her one bit - a 3 month old egg or the bone meal. Well, Grandma's carpet might have a different opinion...

Here she is looking all innocent. She is really not sleeping, but the flash in my phone is very bright and she now closes her eyes when she hears the camera click. She apparently loves rotten eggs but not bright lights. Go figure...

7 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Better watch out with her making messes in grandma's house or she might be wearing the "cone of shame".

Busy Bee Suz said...

Ha!!! Love the cone of Shame comment above!!!
When we first got Cocoa, she ate one of my Mom's good shoes....but my Mom still loves her. :)
They always poop at the wrong time/place don't they?????
I get the running in circles thing too...I think they are trying to get us to sprain our ankle.

Jen said...

The joys of puppyhood!

Shelley said...

Awww...so hard to be mad at that sweet face!!! Isn't it funny the things dogs will find to eat! Actually cats too for that matter! Mine ate Q-tips last week!

Ben said...

Well, she looks a lot more innocent than the terror (I mean terrier) and Puggle that are our crazy grand-dogs!

Anonymous said...

"the East bunny"! You know, I've heard the West bunny is even better at hiding eggs.

Dawn said...

poor pup!

i'm sure your kids are loving having cousins around. my kiddos only have 2 "real" ones, but my hubby's cousins have kids, so we decided to count them, too!and they always have a blast together!